Best Ceramic Coating for Cars: Protect Your Car with a Glossy Finish
If you’re tired of your car wax because it breaks down every so often, then the ceramic coating is exactly what you need. The liquid polymer or quartz bonds with the car paint and gives it a lasting shine. It’s also easy to maintain, doesn’t require many trips to the car wash, and gives the car better protection. What is the best ceramic coating? We have the answer to that question right here.
Benefits of Ceramic Coating for Cars
- Repel rain, mud, and dirt. Unlike wax or factory paint, the ceramic coating does a better job of protecting the exterior of the car. The best car coating product has hydrophobic properties and will make water and rain bead instead of a pool on the hood. Mud and acid rain splashed on the car slide off the smooth surface without leaving a stain. The same goes for snow, bird droppings, or ice as they roll off the car without sticking to its surface.
- Prevent UV damage, rust, and oxidization. For the most part, leaving your car in the sun for too long tends to cause the car’s paint to fade and even crack. The ultraviolet rays of the sun have a destructive effect on the car’s surface. Many ceramic coating brands prevent this damage as well as other forms of erosion such as rust and oxidization.
- Cost effective. Since car wax doesn’t last more than three months on average, you need to get the vehicle rewaxed a lot more than you may like. Ceramic car coating, on the other hand, is more durable, and a good coating with proper maintenance can serve you for a few years before replacing it. In the end, you save more money with nano ceramic coating than wax or paint sealant.
- Improved protection. With a ceramic coating for car paint, your car gets a semi-permanent layer of protection that bonds with the paint on the molecular level. That protective layer is tougher than the soft wax and can withstand ultra harsh treatment both from the terrain and the elements. In effect, you’re not just protecting the car paint, but also protecting the body of the car itself against scratches, chemicals, and anything else that gets thrown at it.
- Glossy finish. Regular car waxes have a warm appearance that gets dull when left out in the open. Compare that to the sharp candy appearance of a ceramic top coat. It gives the car a high-gloss finish that doesn’t fade under the sun or with the passage of time.
Best Ceramic Coating for Cars Reviews & Recommendations 2019
Best Ceramic Coating for Cars Overall: Color N Drive Car Ceramic Coating Kit
As our best overall pick, the Color N Drive Car Ceramic Coating Kit comes in a box with a spray bottle, an additional bottle, two coated sponges, two microfiber towels, and gloves. That’s all you need to apply a professional-looking coating to your car. Each bottle has enough to coat two cars.
The glossy finish is deep and the resulting coating has a 9H level of hardness that protects the car body against scratches. The coating is self-cleaning, as it repels dust, mud, and rain. With proper maintenance, one coating can last for five years, which is as durable as any DIY ceramic coating can give you.